Find a Provider
I am Looking for a Childcare Provider
Strong families and children are central to a healthy and thriving community. Yet every family needs reinforcement at home, at work and throughout the community to flourish. Childcare is one critical aspect of that support.
Looking for a childcare provider? You’ve come to the right place. PCF is a child care resource and referral (CCR&R) agency for Mesa County. CCR&Rs help families by providing referrals to child care, financial assistance information, and education about the quality and availability of care.
- Chat with our partners in Denver at Mile High United Way by calling (877) 338-2273
- Search for local providers on Colorado Shines
- Reach out to PCF staff for additional help
PCF also works with Colorado Shines, the state’s quality rating and improvement system (QRIS). Colorado Shines has an online database that lets you research childcare programs near you. It includes quality rating, licensing history and monitoring reports.
A Colorado Shines rating (Levels 1-5) means that a program is licensed, in good standing and meets health and safety standards. It also means state officials regularly review the program. Programs with higher ratings (Levels 3-5) have gone through a process to demonstrate they have high-quality programs and practices in all areas that Colorado Shines reviews. Colorado Shines rates the quality of childcare programs based on how well each program:
- Supports children’s health and safety
- Ensures the staff are well-trained and effective
- Provides a learning environment that teaches children new skills
- Helps parents become partners in their child’s learning
- Has good leadership and business practices
Once a program gets a rating, Colorado Shines has tools to help the program continue to improve its quality.
Tips on Choosing a Provider
Colorado Shines shares the following advice for choosing a childcare provider for your family:
- Think about the kind of care you need (a center, home-based care, Head Start, etc.)
- Search for a quality childcare program and see if you qualify for financial support on the Colorado Shines Resources for Families page
- Visit a few programs and ask questions. Start with these five:
- Is your program licensed by the State of Colorado and rated by Colorado Shines?
- How will my child spend his/her day? What is a typical day like for children here?
- What training have you and your staff had?
- What kind of daily communication will I receive?
- How can I participate?
Visit the Colorado Shines How to Find Quality Child Care page or call 1-877-338-2273 to get started finding the childcare provider that’s best for your family and your situation!
These programs have participated in Colorado Shines and received a high quality rating!
Level 4 Programs
Wishes and Dreams Child Learning Center